Job Ref: 9083
Quality Engineer - North of Manchester
Job DescriptionExperienced Quality Engineer, ideally with an aviation manufacturing background. New permanent position, north of Manchester.
• Perform audits (Systems, Supplier ,Product) both internally & externally, maintaining an audit plan.
• Carry out necessary problem investigations, identify & correct any non-conformance with the previously demonstrated capability, monitor & report on the effectiveness of the non-conformance control system
• Participate in Business Improvement activities,
• Review supplier concessions & production permits, liaising with Engineering & providing feedback direct to customers.
• Review FAIR register & FPA’s, providing feedback to Suppliers & Customers.
• Identifying areas of waste & improvements, implementing & monitoring changes.
• Create & manage the internal audit plan, ensuring that all internal auditors are trained, assigning & monitoring audits & findings.
• Update procedures & work instructions on the Quality Management System, reviewing QMS Audit findings and RCA’s, assessing effectiveness & sustainability.
• Assess & monitor NCN’S, providing support to Operations, Engineering & Purchasing, to instigate RCCA – PIR to Suppliers, monitor PIR closures, review & assist in the investigation process when required & review scrap & rework figures.
• Generate weekly reports for the business KPI’s including Escapes, Scrap, Rework & RFT metrics.
• Regularly analyse NCN data for trends and potential risks, instigating & driving improvement activities.
• Act as Business Partner to shop floor personnel on quality issues
• Aviation manufacturing experience and/or technical experience or equivalent
• Team player with strong inclusiveness skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Industry experience commensurate with the requirements of the Regulatory authorities.
• Proven track record of delivering results
• Data driven Problem solving Skills
• Process Management Skills
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• Detailed knowledge of relevant quality & process standards/specifications
• Auditing skills
Permanent role, working: Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 4pm. Friday 7:30am – 12:30pm (37 hours per week)
Interested...please contact email@example.com