Job Ref: 9066
IT Project Manager - West Oxfordshire
Job DescriptionNew build with a full IT fit out for 300 users; Picasso networks, VOIP system, Audio visual solutions to MOD standards. 6 month defence contract based near Witney, Oxford.
Main duties include:
• Manage internal and external relationships to ensure the requirements of contracted programmes are achieved.
• Develop strong customer relationships built on trust and openness to maximise future business opportunities.
• Consistently ensure that the Business Unit has operational capability and capacity to meet its strategic objectives.
• Ensure health, safety and environmental procedures are complied with at all times.
• Liaise closely with Customer commercial and finance teams to understand contractual and financial elements.
• Implement structured project management processes to ensure the effective delivery of IT projects within Defence – Air programmes.
• Lead, motivate and manage project team members, usually within a matrix reporting structure.
• Manage project budgets; track and report on team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Oversee the project Technical Design Authority and technical team members in the integration of company and third party systems and equipment, ensuring that design review and change control processes are applied.
• Lead regular status meetings with project teams.
• Effect management of all IT elements of Business projects and also IT driven projects
• Contribute to the maintenance of IT Project Management processes to enable precise reporting on all IT projects
• Ensure that support requirements are built into project plans from inception and that systems are designed for production and support
• Establish and maintain accurate documentation and plans for projects in accordance with the Project Management Process
• Present project status, gate reviews and project change request at Project board and Project Review Board
• Act as the focal point for all activities associated with the project
• Report regularly to the Head of Solution Delivery and other key stakeholders on the project status and issues
• Meet with suppliers and assist IT team ensuring Suppliers delivery to meet Project requirements
• Past experience of working on IT Projects – Mobilisations, software upgrades, hardware refreshes. Projects that span multiple IT disciplines and areas
• Experienced IT professional, focussed on being a part of a cost effective and efficient Infrastructure programme management team
• Project Management qualification (Prince2/ APMP practitioner preferred)
• Proven knowledge and experience of implementing and delivering large IT projects in complex environments within Budget and Timescales using approved Project Methodology
• Demonstrate successful delivery of IT projects within tight timescale
• Experienced of managing multiple IT disciplined projects
• Able to build project teams and motive teams to delivery results
• Understand business drivers and the impact if not delivered
Competitive day rate.
Please contact email@example.com