Job Ref: 9046
Information Security Senior Engineer - East Midlands
Job DescriptionGlobal, engineering and technical recruitment business is looking to appoint an Information Security Senior Engineer, based in the East Midlands.
As Information Security Senior Engineer of this £40m / £657m group revenue, US owned business. The Information Security Senior Engineer will be primarily responsible for implementing, configuring, administrating, and tuning security technologies. The position will work closely with information technology teams to lead the design and implementation of security solutions to meet IT initiatives, business objectives, and regulatory requirements. This will also include responsibility for ensuring that all security infrastructure technologies are optimized, managed and monitored to protect the company.
The position will also serve as subject matter expert to provide both technical leadership, as well as peers, with posture on information security technologies and best practices. This role will interact with IT and business leaders to define and manage a strong security posture.
• GDPR gap analysis and mitigation plan
• Design, implement, administer, and monitor security infrastructure, including Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Privileged Access Management, Network Access Identification and Control, Mobile Device Management, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM, IDS/IPS, web content filtering, AV.
• Lead the development and implementation of security programs, standards, policies, and procedures.
• Review and Assess technology infrastructure to identify key risks and ensure controls are adequately implemented to properly address said risks.
• Partner with project, IT, and business teams to properly identify and implement security controls that both secure our systems, and meet the business needs.
• Provide expertise on security strategy and tactics for general security operations
• Report on status of security operations and performance
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Information Security Certifications, such as CISSP
• Thorough knowledge of ISO 27001/2, Data Protection, ITIL
• Deep technical understanding of TCP/IP networks, operating systems, infrastructure and cloud security
• Proven track record in leading and driving design and implementation of security technologies, such as SIEM, Vulnerability Management tools, PKI/Encryption Technologies, Active Directory, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Endpoint security, Data Loss Prevention tools, web content filters, Group Policy, and authentication mechanisms.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop successful partnerships between IT and business units is required.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and a strong customer satisfaction focus
• Must have strong communication skills
• Must pay attention to detail, be dependable, a self-starter, who can work independently
For details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org