Job Ref: 9009
Job DescriptionFusion welders required. Contracts available with an immediate start at least until the end of the year (4 months), this extend into 2018, various shifts available.
This role is a hands-on position that is responsible for production welding.
• Undertake TIG welding to aircraft standards to fall in line with welding controls and processes.
• Read and interpret Engineering drawings.
• Read, interpret and follow batch cards ensuring that batch card discipline is adhered to at all times.
• General maintenance of machinery, jigs and fixtures is required to ensure a clean and healthy working environment.
• Working alongside the Operational team, reduce welding non-conformances and work to best practices.
• Work to corrective actions and assist with route cause analysis to prevent issues from re-occurring.
• Support and participate in customer and regulatory audits where applicable.
• Support business improvement initiatives.
• Good knowledge of fusion welding, with at least five years’ experience working in the Aviation sector.
• Experience of working with a variety of materials including exotic metals.
• Ability to work within in Team environment.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a wider team.
• Ability to read, understand and work towards Engineering drawings.
• Ability to communicate in an effective manner to different levels within the organisation.
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact email@example.com