Job Ref: 9009
Job DescriptionFusion welders required for contracts available with an immediate start until the end of the year with a possible extension into 2018, various shifts available.
This role is a hands-on position that is responsible for production welding.
• Undertake TIG welding to aircraft standards to fall in line with welding controls and processes.
• Read and interpret Engineering drawings.
• Read, interpret and follow batch cards ensuring that batch card discipline is adhered to at all times.
• General maintenance of machinery, jigs and fixtures is required to ensure a clean and healthy working environment.
• Working alongside the Operational team, reduce welding non-conformances and work to best practices.
• Work to corrective actions and assist with route cause analysis to prevent issues from re-occurring.
• Support and participate in customer and regulatory audits where applicable.
• Support business improvement initiatives.
• Good knowledge of fusion welding, with at least five years’ experience working in the Aviation sector.
• Experience of working with a variety of materials including exotic metals.
• Ability to work within in Team environment.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a wider team.
• Ability to read, understand and work towards Engineering drawings.
• Ability to communicate in an effective manner to different levels within the organisation.
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org