Job Ref: 9007
Job DescriptionContracts available with an immediate start at least until the end of the year with a possible extension into 2018, various shifts available.
This role will implement the programmes as designed by the CNC programmer to manufacture components to customer specifications and prescripted aircraft standards on the CNC Machines.
• Perform CNC operations using a variety of different machines – including lathes, milling, and Laser equipment.
• Ability to understand, interpret and work to Engineering drawings and to work to tight tolerances.
• Provide methods and technical support to other members of the team wherever necessary.
• Develop tooling solutions for both cutting and fixturing as needed.
• Working in conjunction with the manufacturing engineers and CNC programmer, operate the CNC to meet the daily production targets.
• Ability to produce and edit NC programs via the machine control and/or ISO code.
• Ensure that full documentation is kept up to date detailing the CNC path, featuring and tooling information.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Contribute new ideas and positive support to the current processes by improving productivity.
• Assist in solving manufacturing and quality issues utilising root cause and analysis tools.
• Sharing knowledge and experience and support coaching and mentoring to new employees and apprentices.
• Support and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives across Shop Operations. (I.e. Yellow Belt LEAN Manufacturing, 6S initiatives, cost reductions, housekeeping)
• To carry out any other duties that may be necessary to meet departmental objectives.
• Team Player with the ability to work alone and use own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience of manufacturing with CNC equipment and controls
• Previous CNC Machining experience
• Previous experience on Mazatrol/Shop Mill controls would be a distinct advantage
• Flexible approach to working various shift patterns
• Willingness to be trained across departments, supporting flexible working requirements
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact email@example.com