Job Ref: 9005
Sheet Metal Workers
Job DescriptionContracts available with an immediate start at least until the end of the year (4 months), this extend into 20018, various shifts available.
This role will primarily be responsible for fabricating, fitting, maintaining and repairing aircraft engine components. Sheet Metal workers need to be hands-on, efficient and work to high quality standards, working alongside and supporting other key business areas across the Site.
• Carry out fabrication work to prescripted aircraft standards to fall in line with sheet metal processes.
• Ability to understand, interpret and work to Engineering drawings and to work to tight tolerances.
• Ability to use measuring equipment and inspection fixtures to ensure component conformity to drawing requirements.
• General maintenance of machinery, jigs and fixtures is required to ensure a clean, safe and healthy working environment.
• Setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal.
• Check parts for accurate measurements and finish pieces where necessary.
• Sharing knowledge and experience and support coaching and mentoring to new employees and apprentices.
• Support and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives across Shop Operations. (I.e. Yellow Belt LEAN Manufacturing, 6S initiatives, cost reductions, housekeeping)
• To carry out any other duties that may be necessary to meet departmental objectives.
• Time served with professional qualification
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player with the ability to work alone and use own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Flexible approach to working various shift patterns
• Flexible approach to working across multiple departments
• Willingness to be trained across departments, supporting flexible working requirements
• Pro-active approach to the future success of the business
• Knowledge and experience on high temperature alloys is a distinct advantage
• TIG welding experience would be a distinct advantage
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact email@example.com