Job Ref: 9005
Sheet Metal Workers
Job DescriptionContracts available with an immediate start at least until the end of the year with a possible extension into 20018, various shifts available.
This role will primarily be responsible for fabricating, fitting, maintaining and repairing aircraft engine components. Sheet Metal workers need to be hands-on, efficient and work to high quality standards, working alongside and supporting other key business areas across the Site.
• Carry out fabrication work to prescripted aircraft standards to fall in line with sheet metal processes.
• Ability to understand, interpret and work to Engineering drawings and to work to tight tolerances.
• Ability to use measuring equipment and inspection fixtures to ensure component conformity to drawing requirements.
• General maintenance of machinery, jigs and fixtures is required to ensure a clean, safe and healthy working environment.
• Setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal.
• Check parts for accurate measurements and finish pieces where necessary.
• Sharing knowledge and experience and support coaching and mentoring to new employees and apprentices.
• Support and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives across Shop Operations. (I.e. Yellow Belt LEAN Manufacturing, 6S initiatives, cost reductions, housekeeping)
• To carry out any other duties that may be necessary to meet departmental objectives.
• Time served with professional qualification
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player with the ability to work alone and use own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Flexible approach to working various shift patterns
• Flexible approach to working across multiple departments
• Willingness to be trained across departments, supporting flexible working requirements
• Pro-active approach to the future success of the business
• Knowledge and experience on high temperature alloys is a distinct advantage
• TIG welding experience would be a distinct advantage
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org