Job Ref: 9003
Job DescriptionContracts available with an immediate start at least until the end of the year (4 months), this may rextend into 2018, various shifts available.
This role will primarily be responsible for fitting, maintaining and repairing aircraft engine components. Fitters need to be hands-on, efficient and work to high quality standards, working alongside and supporting other key business areas across the Site.
• Manually fit parts to required customer standards and aircraft standards, including inspection of braze joints.
• Ability to understand, interpret and work to Engineering drawings and to work to tight tolerances.
• Checking of components to verify conformity, using tooling and other measuring devices.
• Ability to use measuring equipment and inspection fixtures to ensure component conformity to drawing requirements.
• General maintenance of machinery, jigs and fixtures is required to ensure a clean, safe and healthy working environment.
• Offer improvements to methods of inspection of product whilst developing best practice techniques.
• Check parts for accurate measurements and finish pieces where necessary.
• Sharing knowledge and experience and support coaching and mentoring to new employees and apprentices.
• Support and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives across Shop Operations. (I.e. Yellow Belt LEAN Manufacturing, 6S initiatives, cost reductions, housekeeping)
• To carry out any other duties that may be necessary to meet departmental objectives.
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player with the ability to work alone and use own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Flexible approach to working various shift patterns
• Flexible approach to working across multiple departments
• Willingness to be trained across departments, supporting flexible working requirements
• Pro-active approach to the future success of the business
• Knowledge and experience on high temperature alloys is a distinct advantage
Location close to Accrington area in Lancashire.
37 hour week. O/T paid at time and a half plus shift premium rates payable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org