Job Ref: 8997
2nd Line Support - Nr Glasgow
Job DescriptionEngineering and technical organisation requires a support analyst for a minimum 6 month contract, this may possibly be extended. Will be handling 1st and 2nd line IT support. This includes being the first point of call for IT enquiries; handling all calls to the service desk; preparing & distributing IT equipment to users; first time fix; general server and infrastructure administration; placing orders; ensuring the helpdesk is kept up to date; logging & escalating work to 3rd line engineers. The role will be based in East Kilbride with the opportunity to travel to other company sites if required.
• Responsible for day to day support in relation to communications, mobilising and information systems including fault finding, conversion work, undertaking minor electrical and mechanical repairs to equipment and ensuring effective maintenance is carried out, including backing up data within IT systems.
• Make recommendations and provide advice on the development and application of communications and technology systems.
• Responsible for server administration to include the creation of user information within the windows environment, enabling user access to associated drive mappings, printers, enabling email and internet access, where appropriate.
• Undertake server builds to organisational specification and install on the computer network.
• Undertake upgrades of computers by replacing component parts as required along with specialist software and network equipment.
• Assist in administering the network by resolving problems within software applications and on computer hardware.
• Keep efficient administrative records and statistical information as necessary for all functions detailed within this job description.
• Assist in the analysis and evaluation of market products and services, determine technical specifications. Prepare reports and recommendations on the basis of suitability, efficiency and cost effectiveness, in accordance with procurement procedures.
• Develop and maintain effective contingency plans in case of breakdowns and in particular primary communications and information systems failure. Test, review and update as necessary.
• Assist with the implementation of contingency arrangements in response to emergency situations and provide technical advice and guidance as requested.
• Assist ICT staff in the implementation and review of all aspects of legislation relating to Access to Information and Computer Misuse and identify and provide appropriate controls where appropriate.
• Provide a help desk function. Ensure that all calls are logged and resolutions are tracked as necessary, with the objective that all calls are solved at first point of contact.
• Assist ICT staff in setting up network infrastructures for telephone and data links, trouble shooting existing systems to determine problems and resolving them accordingly.
• Carry out or supervise cable installations for computer networks and telephones.
• Assist in the setting up of web based applications and monitor the organisation’s internet access, report any abuse of the system to the IT Director.
• Provide and receive the necessary instruction and training to encourage staff flexibility and cover.
• Understand and comply with all policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
• To undertake any other reasonable duty, commensurate with the grading and responsibility of the post, across the Service in order to meet Service priorities and business continuity requirements.
Please forward your CV and availability to email@example.com
Interviews will take place 19th, 20th, 21st September.