Job Ref: 8964
Controls Hardware Systems Engineer - Aero Engine Gas Turbine, Derby
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will work closely with the world’s leading aero engine manufacturers to manage the product lifecycle of aircraft engine control accessories.
• Develop and maintain technical specifications, requirements documents and interface control documents
• Supplier co-ordination (checking of certification documents such as Qualification Acceptance & Test Procedures for acceptance) and communication with off-site teams
• Proactively drive & manage suppliers to achieve milestones.
• To co-ordinate, prepare for and carry out gate reviews from concept through to certification acceptance
• To follow internal procedures and work instructions & report on progress to team lead, Chief Engineer and Resource Manager
Essential Requirements are:
• Good degree in Controls/Systems/Aerospace engineering or equivalent relevant engineering experience
• A good understanding of aircraft engine components, engine operability and certification aspects of control accessories
• Ideally 2 years' experience within engine control accessories engineering lifecycle – sensors, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, filters, heat management units.
• Excellent IT, communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and pro-active in team environment with responsible and dedicated attitude
• Familiarity with industry standard Product / Application Lifecycle Management and requirements management tools (e.g. Teamcenter, NX, DOORS.)
• An ability to write and interpret control system requirements
Based mainly in Derby. Contract Duration 12 months. There may be supplier site visits. Visits expenses paid.
If interested in the first instance please let us know your availability and forward your Cv to email@example.com