Job Ref: 8897
Water Treatment Flushing Technicians - London
Job DescriptionWater Treatment Flushing Technicians for various site based locations in London.
All technicians should have a full working knowledge of BSRIA Application Guide BG29/2012 and be able to work independently unsupervised or as part of a team plus hold a current trade specific CSCS Skillcard.
• Pre-commission flushing and cleaning of closed water systems to BSRIA standards.
• Sterilisation of domestic hot and cold water systems to BS8558 standard.
• Take water samples to BS8552 standard.
• On site analysis of water systems.
All technicians should be able to:
• Be computer literate to basic Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Read and understand engineering drawings
• To obtain design information, tolerances and agreed methods of working.
• To ensure all relevant instruments, documentation and information are available prior to commencement on site, and that all instrumentation and equipment have current valid certification.
• To establish status of system for flushing of each system.
• To be competent in all flushing and chemical treatment activities and to develop management skills.
• To be competent to work on site without supervision and to take charge of others as appropriate.
• To be competent to demonstrate completed work to relevant authorities.
• To keep a daily diary of events and activities under your control, including a list of specialist contractors on site, trainees working under your direction and any decisions made by authorities on site, which may affect progress. Any delays must be recorded, giving reasons.
All work is carried out on construction sites or within existing buildings , therefore all staff have to be fully conversant with and comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, conduct themselves in a manner to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
Training can be provided but technicians should have a full understanding of:
• Basic plumbing skills
• PASMA Certification
• IPAF Certification
• Working in enclosed spaces
• Manual handling
• Asbestos awareness
• Safe andling of chemicals.
Competitive salaries offered, dependent on experience.
All staff are directly employed and offered a guaranteed working week with opportunities for overtime.
The company provide:
• Work clothing
• Full Personal Protective Equipment
• Portable laptop
• All other appropriate instruments and equipment
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 3490463