Job Ref: 154
Airworthiness and Certification Design Engineer
Job DescriptionWe have an exciting opportunity with a leading European aviation manufacturer of engine parts and services inclusive of engine assembly, maintenance, design and product development.
Our client is seeking experienced talented Airworthiness and Certification Design Engineer to join their division to the expansion of the business within Turkey for a large-scale Turboshaft Engine development program that requires onsite support.
As an Airworthiness and Certification Design Engineer you will be required to:
• Perform / attend Engineering reviews at various stages of design and development
• Perform and provide technical support on the allocation of certification requirements in scope of certification basis.
• Provide guidance to understand and evaluate the system / project/ helicopter requirements in terms of engine control system and engine monitoring system from safety and airworthiness point of view.
• Provide guidance in order to achieve Type Certificate from the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) for the turboshaft engine.
• Guide design and airworthiness teams in the interpretation of EASA /FAA regulations policies, guidance and advisor materials related to engine certification.
Provide assistance in establishing / improving the process and procedures of the design assurance system of the corporation as required by EASA Part 21-Subpart -J
• Attend reviews and advice on the engine and component test plans from the certification point of view.
• Provide assistance to the compliance verification engineers (CVE’s) in performing their independent checking of the demonstration of compliance by reviewing and recommending approval of the compliance documents.
• Support the Airworthiness team in defining the competency development pathways for CVEs and Airworthiness Engineers.
• Attend meetings / Workshops with the corporation and or with DGCA on specific topics which may arise during he type of certification and design organisation approval processes.
• Perform reviews and advice on the prosed means of compliance (mc’s) with the certification process.
As a Airworthiness Certification Engineer you will have:
• Batchelors degree (required) or MSc or PHD (desired) in Mechanical , Aerospace, Mechatronics Engineering or similar.
• Demonstrate academic excellence
• Minimum 10 years’ experience required, 20 years desired experience in aviation involving aircraft engine certification activities (involving rule making activities desired)
• Extensive experience in the type certification of aircraft engines in accordance with the requirements of EASA CS-e, FAA 124 CFR Paert33 or similar.
• Extensive experience with EASA Part 21 Subpart j
• Contract rate offered at a competitive market rate.
• Travelling and living expense allowance will be provided
• This is a great opportunity to extend your personal development with a leading Aviation corporation.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.