Job Ref: 148
Electrical Design Engineer
Job DescriptionJob Description
Working collaboratively within a team to develop and support avionics products including NPI development and through life and sustaining support.
Required experience / skills:
• Circuit analysis and design incorporating both analogue and digital interface circuits.
•. Knowledge of control and interface circuit design (e.g. sensor interfacing, ADCs, op-amps).
• Experience of processor and memory device interfacing (e.g. DSP, Volatile / non-volatile memory, digital data busses)
• Working experience of the key elements of analogue circuit design: op-amps, BJTs, FETs, filter design.
• Capability to perform analysis and assessment on impact of change on existing designs.
• Ability to determine trends based on manufacturing test data and make recommendations for corrective actions.
• Knowledge of PCB technologies and manufacturing
• Experience of DfT, DfM best practice
• Ability to perform root cause analysis down to electronic component level.
• Ability to author documentation (such as design descriptions, change impact assessments, test procedures etc).
• Must be able to uphold to company and industry standards and design processes.
Desirable experience / skills:
• Familiar with a formal change control process.
• Experience working under design process assurance guidance (e.g. DO-254)
• Aerospace or similar high integrity electronics industry (e.g. automotive, medical) background.
Desirable tool experience:
• Appreciation of Schematic Capture tools
• Circuit modelling and simulation (e.g. SIMetrix, Spice)
•. Appreciation of Quality Management Systems (e.g. TIPQA)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.