Job Ref: 138
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
We are working on behalf of a large leading Multinational client that delivers complex support within the UK and abroad, our client manages assets within sectors of energy, defence, emergency services, education and transport. With a global employee total of 35,000, they are looking to expand their provision. Our client is requiring Electrical Engineers to generate functional solutions to client’s conveyor belt handling system requirements and prepare high quality accurate engineering documentation in support of verification, implementation and operational activities.
• Take ownership and deliver the scope of work that is being assigned within the budget and time that is allocated to tasks, and in accordance with the company’s quality management requirements.
• Identify all risks associated with the planned activities that could impact the project.
• Provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a regular basis.
• Create/oversee the generation of system drawings at feasibility, concept and scheme design stages.
• Create/oversee the development of the system designed based on selected concept/scheme drawings with increased level of detail considering 3rd party interfaces, operational impacts, homogeneous systems, safety systems, system architecture and equipment processes.
• Create/oversee the generation of Electrical design and installation drawings,
• Generation of Electrical design control panel drawings
• Generation of technical specifications, installation specifications reports and calculations.
• Site surveys in support to the above activities and at installation and commissioning stage.
Skills and Experience
• Comprehension of field busses is desirable for distributed control systems - AS-Interface, CAN, EtherCAT, FOUNDATION fieldbus, Interbus, LonWorks, Modbus, Profibus, BITBUS, CompoNet, SafetyBUS, RAPIEnet. AS-I, Profibus, Profinet
• Types of Fieldbuses: CPF 1: FOUNDATION Fieldbus, CPF 2: CIP, CPF 3: PROFIBUS, CPF 4: P-NET, CPF 5: WorldSIM, CPF 6: INTERBUS, CPF 7: SwiftNet, CPF 8: CC-Link, CPF 9: HART, CPF 10: Vnet/IP, CPF 11: TCnet, CPF 12: EtherCAT, CPF 13: Ethernet Powerlink, CPF 14: EPA, CPF 15: MODBUS-RTPS, CPF 16: SERCOS.
• Candidates must have knowledge of Power Distribution & Plant Interlinks.
This is a long-term contract opportunity; contracted day rate is to be paid in a competitive market rate.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.