Job Ref: 131
Operations Technology Software Developer (Client side)
Job DescriptionOperations Technology Software Developer (Client side)
A globally renowned Oil & Gas corporation is currently evolving its Information and Technology Services division. Our client is seeking to employ a client-side developer to expand the functionality within the Physical Operations Technology department. The arm of the business develops and supports the our internal technical capabilities to continue to support the needs of the organisation. Part of the roles requirements will include working on new systems or improving current systems within the oil transaction pipe.
The department is based out of 6 locations worldwide, and working collaboratively across locations will be essential . It is a multi-functional team, including business change, architects, developers trading operators, and QA. As Operations Technology Software Developer you will report to the Operator’s Workbench DevOps manager.
• You will work closely with the wider team members locations to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the product.
• Most of the client side work will primarily use Microsoft technologies, such as WPF, C#, WCF, cross-platform technologies, like HTML5 and more niche technologies on mobile platforms like IOS or Android.
• Create rich client side software systems, primarily using WPF and C#, for the Operator’s Workbench that can scale to the requirements of the different projects. This could also include elements of WCF for service interaction, inter-process communication for creating a desktop message bus, messaging for notifications, etc.
• Contribute to the full SDLC, including analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of the system, business processes, data and interfaces.
• Own the Trading Operations program client side development, primarily for the Operator’s Workbench system.
• Aspire to work as part of a team to deliver superior tools and technologies in a dynamic user environment
Qualifications or Experience
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in software development with focus on contributing to the success of the team while undertaking opportunities to learn new technologies and tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related fields.
• Strong development skills in core C#
• Demonstrable experience in WPF, and related frameworks, like Prism (Unity and MEF), XAML, etc.
• Strong knowledge of relational database like Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle RDBMS, and related .NET technologies, like LINQ, ADO.NET, etc.
• Experience with service orientation and related technologies like SOAP, WCF, JSON, etc.
• Comprehension of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures, clustering and multi-threaded program design.
• Understanding of continuous delivery and integration with tools like TFS, MS Build, unit testing (with tools like NUnit, Visual Studio 2012 Test framework, etc.), testing automation and behavior driven development (with SpecFlow or similar) and automated deployment (with tools like BladeLogic or similar).
• Capable of operating in brownfield sites, where the work requires building new solutions within an existing array of highly integrated systems
• Experience within rich client side software systems, primarily using WPF and C#, that can scale to the requirements of the different projects in the Trading Operations Program. This could include elements of WCF for service interaction, inter-process communication for building a desktop message bus, messaging for notifications
• Familiarity with Agile software delivery methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Strong numerical skills ideally with a numerate degree
• Familiarity with Excel
As part the application process you will be required to complete some pre-screening activities:
• Remote IKM tests
• Remote code screening
• Basic telephone screening
• Face-to-face or a video interview
Our client offers a handsome reward package made up of direct compensation, individual experience and benefits. Regional variances will occur, but generally these are:
• Health care - medical/dental/vision
• Protection - life insurance/short and long term disability
• Accidental death/occupational accidental death
• Pensions & savings plan
• Annual cash bonus
• The Share Value Plan - designed to reward long-term sustained performance and create alignment with the delivery of value for shareholders.
• Vacation and holidays
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.