Job Ref: 130
Operations Technology Software Developer Server
Job DescriptionOperations Technology Software Developer Server
A globally renowned Oil & Gas corporation is currently evolving its Information and Technology Services division. Our client is seeking to employ a client-side developer to expand the functionality within the Physical Operations Technology department. The arm of the business develops and supports the our internal technical capabilities to continue to support the needs of the organisation. Part of the roles requirements will include working on new systems or improving current systems within the oil transaction pipe.
The department is based out of 6 locations worldwide, and working collaboratively across locations will be essential . It is a multi-functional team, including business change, architects, developers trading operators, and QA. As Operations Technology Software Developer you will report to the Operator’s Workbench DevOps manager. We do all development using Scrum, and we are obsessive about creating great software in Oil Trading.
• Accountable for server-side development (Java and related technologies)
• Contribute to the full SDLC, including analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of the system, business processes, data and interfaces.
• Responsible for the development of new software but also expected to contribute to the testing, maintenance, and analysis of the requirements
• Aspired to work as part of a team to deliver superior tools and technologies in a dynamic user environment
e role will have a reporting line to the Operator’s Workbench DevOps manager.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong development skills in core and enterprise Java, and related application server technologies, especially WebLogic/JBOSS
• Development experience with service orientation (SOAP, JWS, JSON, etc.)
• Deep knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle RDBMS), and related Java technologies, like JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, etc.
• Experience in continuous delivery and continuous integration (Cruise/Jenkins), unit testing (with tools like Unit, Clover/Cobertura, etc.), testing automation and behavior driven development (with JBehave or similar) and automated deployment (BladeLogic, Ansible, etc.)
• Deep understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures, clustering and multi-threaded program design
• Experience working in brownfield sites, where the work requires building new solutions within an existing array of highly integrated systems
• Experience of Cloud hosted applications and Platform as a Service (e.g. Redhat Openshift)
• Act as a mentor/coach for junior members in the team
• Familiarity with Agile software delivery methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Strong numerical skills ideally with a numerate degree
• Familiarity with Excel
As part the application process you will be required to complete some pre-screening activities:
• Remote IKM tests
• Remote code screening
• Basic telephone screening
• Face-to-face or a video interview
This is a contract opportunity offering a competitive salary. This is a great prospect to work with an industry leader to develop your career development.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.