Job Ref: 129
Senior Software Engineer
Job DescriptionWe are currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to work within the Software Engineering Group in Whetstone taking a leading role of the software development of our thermal software suite.
• Undertake the full software life-cycle development, including requirements capture design, implementation, validation and verification
• Completion of work to time, quality and cost
• Undertake technical reviews of work performed within the group
• Provide ideas for new technologies and methods to be incorporated in the software development
• Definition and improvement of local working practice and software development procedures
• Support both internal and external (customer) technical reviews
• Recommendations to the Software Engineering Group Manager regarding improvements to the software development process, including training requirements and software development tools
• Support the Project Leaders in the identification of technical risks and definitions of risk mitigation actions
• Support commercial activities such as:
a) Preparation of proposals
b) Presentations to existing and potential customers
c) Attending workshops and international conferences
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• Proven experience in software engineering process such as agile development
• Proven experience in object oriented software design
• Relevant Software programming experience
• Experience with MS Visual Studio and Eclipse desirable
• Strong numerical/engineering background desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Have an enthusiastic, can-do approach
• 37 hour week you will be paid for any overtime worked.
• Has an excellent pension scheme
• 33 holidays per year
• Flexible working hours
• Free car parking.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.