Job Ref: 127
Manufacturing / Procurement Engineer
Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen within a leading aircraft engine and components company for an experienced Manufacturing / Procurement Engineer to lead new major projects. The role will involve planning, co-ordinating and executing concurrent design and make programmes.
As a robust competitor in the aerospace industry with a strategic growth programme, we require results oriented, positive, focussed employees that can implement a difference to our business.
• Support the test rig engineering design teams, providing design-for-manufacture input, predominantly mechanical. Compile cost and lead-time estimates. Work closely with new and potential suppliers, organise requests for quotation, place and expedite purchase orders. Liaise with new and potential suppliers to develop the working relationships, measure and improve performance using KPIs.
• Assist in managing the UK goods receipt area to ensure all activities are carried out in line with defined procedures.
• Deal with the day-to-day procurement requirements associated with the provision of facilities and services for the engineering office.
Technical and Non-Technical Skills Required
• Good knowledge of current and developing manufacturing techniques (predominantly mechanical), ideally in a bespoke and / or aerospace / high-precision environment
• Cost and lead-time estimating skills, working with both finished drawings and conceptual sketches
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, for internal customers / management and external suppliers
• Procurement in bespoke / aerospace engineering would be beneficial
• Experience in using SAP would be an advantage
• Relevant degree or HNC
• The ideal person will have a positive attitude, be flexible and adaptable and willing and eager to learn. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team.
• 37 hour week you will be paid for any overtime worked.
• Has an excellent pension scheme
• 33 holidays per year
• Flexible working hours
• Free car parking
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.