Job Ref: 120
Aerodynamics Design Consultant
Job DescriptionWe have an exciting opportunity with a leading European aviation manufacturer of engine parts and services inclusive of engine assembly, maintenance, design and product development.
Our client is seeking experienced talented Aerodynamics Design Consultant to join their division to the expansion of the business within Turkey for a large scale Turboshaft Engine development program that requires onsite support.
As an Aerodynamics Design Consultant, you will be required to:
• Attend Engineering reviews at various stages of design and development
• Impart technical guidance to engineers on engine level design
• Give technical guidance to Engineers on aerodynamic design, analysis ad combustion topics.
• Guide design activities in 1D (Meanline), 2D (throughflow) and 3D detail design phases for turbomachinery and or combustor components.
• Give technical support on aerodynamic (Steady / unsteady CFD) analysis to determine performance and thermodynamical characteristics of turbomachinery components.
Give technical support on generating grids for both tow-dimensional and three-dimensional geometries, create simulation models, perform post processing of CFD-simulations to provide design guidance.
• Support design and post process of aerodynamics and or combustion rig tests.
• Give guidance to support component and engine test programs and to utilize the results to validate engine designs, systems and analytical models and tools.
• Give guidance to understand and evaluate the system/ project requirements in terms of aerodynamics or combustion.
• Technically mentoring aerodynamics engineers. Effectively communicate and provide recommendations.
• Provide consultancy for technical research activities and tests on methodology and tool development.
• Technical support to method and tool development projects
Qualifications / Experience
• Batchelor's degree, MSc or PhD (desired) in Aerodynamics, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with an emphasis on gas turbine performance analysis's, control and optimisation
• Minimum 10 years required, 20 years + desired experience on Turbomachinery gas path and or combustion aerodynamics (design and analysis)
• Steady and unsteady numerical simulation (CFD-Computational Fluid Dynamics) experience and knowledge.
• Having advanced courses (MSC or PHD degree courses) on gas turbine design topics.
• Knowledge in chemical kinetics and experience in combustor design and flame stability.
• Practical knowledge in aero-acoustic design.
• Experience in designing and supporting post process aerodynamics and or combustion rig tests.
• Contract rate 60 -£65 Euros an hour.
• Travelling expenses of 600 Euros per onsite visit
• 100 Euros per day for living onsite
• This is a great opportunity to extend your personal development with a leading engine component manufacturer.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.