Job Ref: 116
Senior Project Engineer
Job DescriptionSenior Project Engineer (Aerospace Experience)
An exciting prospect has arisen within a leading aircraft engine and components company for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to lead new key developments. The role will involve planning, co-ordinating and executing concurrent design and make programmes.
As a robust competitor in the aerospace industry with a strategic growth programme, we require results oriented, positive, focussed employees that can implement a difference to our business.
• Overall responsibility for delivery of programmes and projects, meeting all customer expectations, as well as hitting or exceeding timescale and budget targets.
• Execute concurrent design and make programmes to agreed schedule and costs
• Day to day management and coordination of design, analysis, procurement, quality and manufacturing resources
• Co-ordination and monitoring of suppliers for sub-contracted processes and activities
• Create and maintain programme / project plans and work breakdown structures
• Monitor programme performance and manage programme change control; also includes P&L and CPI / SPI.
• Scheduling and facilitating business and technical gated reviews as required
• Ensuring all relevant processes and procedures are followed including those for project management, risk management and lessons learned
• Internal and external reporting
• Good engineering degree or HND in a relevant engineering discipline
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar senior project management function
• Proven track record in the management and delivery of concurrent design and make programmes in an aerospace environment
• Experience of aerospace manufacture and materials processing
• Good knowledge of manufacturing processes for high value, high integrity manufactured parts against aggressive timescales
• Self-starter with pro-active approach and ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent IT and communication skills
• Willingness to travel between the two ITP sites in Leicester and Lincoln with periodic visits to customers/suppliers both in UK and overseas
• 37 hour week you will be paid for any overtime worked.
• Has an excellent pension scheme
• 33 holidays per year
• Flexible working hours
• Free car parking.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.