Job Ref: 107
Safety and Reliability Engineer - Berlin
Job DescriptionA global leading manufacturer of aero engines for large civil aircraft and corporate jets and has over 50 years’ experience of technical innovation and excellence are seeking a Safety and Reliability Engineer to join their branch in Berlin.
• Use service knowledge to understand the product's degradation, failure mechanisms and the associated in-service disruption. Where applicable, develop and deploy models to characterize those using deterministic or probabilistic techniques.
• Promote and embed a culture of proactivity to minimize in-service reliability issues. Lead and conduct the assessment of new and derivative design solutions, product operation and maintenance practices to evaluate their impact on product Reliability.
• Negotiate, prioritize and manage reliability enhancement test campaigns (incl. HALT) in the contest of broader units development plan. Assess test procedures, facilities, schedules and test results to minimize the risk of in-service disruption.
• Extract actionable insights from the analyses and testing to generate improvement proposals in order to influence the product's design, its development and its in-service management.
• Coordinate with customers, suppliers, regulatory authority, maintenance facilities and internal stakeholders on reliability, maturity, engine health monitoring and life cycle cost matters
• Drive integration with other Life Cycle Engineering disciplines (Engine Health Monitoring, Life Cycle Analysis, Design for Services) to enhance customer satisfaction. Provide mentoring, expert guidance and leadership to engineers in the same technical discipline or to related multi-disciplinary teams.
• Identify (both inside and outside the company) new approaches and techniques that enhance the efficiency and business impact of the discipline and capitalize on these opportunities to advance the state-of-the-art.
• Master Degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics / Statistics, Physics or related field
• Long-term experience in HALT, reliability enhancement, numerical prediction & testing.
• Proven ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems. Proven ability to handle ambiguity
• Extended technical experience in the deployment of Reliability tools and methods and proven technical leadership in this domain
• Good understanding of aeroengines and Line Replaceable Units, their development, operations and failure mechanisms of the assigned product.
• Experience in statistical life data analysis methods (e.g. Weibull, Monte Carlo)
• Experience in computer science, data mining and machine learning techniques will be positively valued
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong history of work performance as evidenced by references and/or past Performance Development Review
• Where applicable, membership of a relevant professional body appropriate to region.
Working Hours: 02.01.2018 - 31.08.2019
38 hours weekly
Competitive salary to be paid in Euros. This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to work with a premier corporation as part of their career progression.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.