Job Ref: 105
Design Engineer (Components) - Berlin
Job DescriptionA global leading manufacturer of aero engines for large civil aircraft and corporate jets and has over 50 years’ experience of technical innovation and excellence are seeking a Design Engineer to join their branch in Berlin.
Working with the Externals commodity team which is responsible for the design of all engine dressings which include rigid pipes, harnesses, brackets, ducts, flexible hoses, associated clipping systems and accessory unit mountings.
• Responsible for Creation of Externals design solutions delivering both safe and certifiable products as well as reliability and fitness for service operation
• Check/Approve Scheme definitions and Product Data Management (PDM).
• Provide technical leadership for design, definition and analysis of an Externals components package including: routing, electrical, detailing and Product Structure Control (PSC), through deployment of outsourced resources.
• Lead/guide an international design/detailing team
• Create Statements of Work (SoW); Manage outsourced design engineering.
• Plan, calculate (e. g. expenditure of time, cost) and supervise external design orders with high complexity placed at design service providers or suppliers with design and production authorisation for complete devices (Design only / Design & Make Package).
• Support the Commodity Gated Review process to drive quality, integrity and timeliness of all technical solutions created within the deployed package.
• Support the Product Change Process through technical and business case studies
• Analyse and evaluate customer and programme requirements to improve/optimise existing or new engine products, aggregates, components, reports and documents.
Qualifications / Experience: • Engineering degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace or equivalent.
• Profound knowledge of aero engine design processes and specification system.
• Excellent knowledge of drawing creation and interpretation specifically geometric tolerance.
• Robust PDM, UG (NX) and PLM Team Centre knowledge required.
• Routing skills for harnesses and tube assemblies appreciated in NX
• Baseline Knowledge about electrical wiring, harness and connector Specs appreciated.
• Design & Detailing Checker and/or Approver authority from previous positions
• Fluent Business English written and spoken.
Time Frames: 02.01.2018 – 30.06.2019
Competitive salary to be paid in Euros. This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to work with a premier corporation as part of their career progression.
In the first instance please forward your latest Cv and availability to email@example.com or telephone 01275 349043 for further information.